This antioxidant and nutrient-rich carrot ginger turmeric juice is fantastic for weight loss and liver health. The simple carrot juice recipe made with three superfoods is easy to make. It delivers a potent dose of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to boost your energy levels with anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial for weight loss.
Drinking this simple carrot turmeric ginger juice is a great anti-inflammatory juice to help combat chronic inflammation that is an underlying cause of many health problems prevalent in the population, including obesity and diabetes. Most people don’t eat the daily recommendation of vegetables and thus lack health promoting compounds found in vegetables and carrots, such as beta carotene.
Anyone on an anti-inflammatory diet will love this carrot turmeric and ginger juice, as curcumin is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound found in turmeric root. The combination of carrots, ginger, and turmeric provides a unique blend of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals to support the immune system, gut health, liver detox, and weight loss.
Ginger has antimicrobial properties that are great for SIBO, and the antioxidant properties of turmeric promote weight loss. Carrots are a low fodmap vegetable that should be well tolerated by people with SIBO and IBS especially when combined with ginger and turmeric.
Lately, as part of my liver cleansing detox, I have been making fresh juices in the morning, such as this carrot ginger juice with turmeric root, and I must say I love carrot juice mixed with a little bit of ginger and turmeric.
It’s the perfect blend between sweet, earthy, and zesty. I love the light and energized feeling I get after enjoying a fresh vegetable juice that curbs my hunger and boosts my energy levels.
Carrot ginger turmeric juice recipe
- 4 large carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger peeled
- 1 small piece of fresh turmeric root (about ½ inch), peeled (optional)
- Prepare the ingredients:
- Thoroughly wash the carrots and trim off the ends.
- Wash the gingerroot and fresh turmeric. Peel the skin with a vegetable peeler if desired. I don’t peel my ginger and turmeric roots, but you can if you want to.
- Cut the ingredients:
- Chop the carrots, ginger, and turmeric into large pieces that are small enough to fit in your juicer to ensure easier juicing.
- Juice the ingredients:
- Set up your juicer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Start by juicing the carrots, followed by the ginger and turmeric.
- Collect the juice in a container or jug.
- Mix well and serve:
- Stir the juice thoroughly to blend the flavors.
- Pour the carrot ginger turmeric juice into glasses and add an ice cube to chill the juice if desired.
- Savor the carrot turmeric ginger juice with all its health-promoting benefits.
- You can also store the juice in the fridge in a mason jar with a lid to enjoy later.
Tips and Variations:
- Adjust the ginger and turmeric quantities to suit your taste preferences. Start with smaller amounts if you prefer milder flavors and gradually increase for a bolder kick.
- For an extra burst of freshness, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice to the juice before serving.
- If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a high-powered blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth, then strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or nut milk bag to remove any pulp.
- Add a dash of coconut milk for a velvety and slightly creamy juice.
- If you don’t have fresh turmeric root, add a dash of powder to your cup of juice instead.
- Be sure to use a cutting board to chop the vegetables on, and try not to spill the juice, as turmeric can easily stain clothes and counters.
- This recipe yields approx 1 cup of juice. Double or triple the recipe to make juices to enjoy the following days.
Carrot ginger turmeric juice for weight loss
In a study done in rats, a high fructose diet was fed to rats to induce fatty liver and weight gain. While the consumption of carrot juice had no effect on reversing fatty liver or making it worse, carrot juice did significantly reduce body weight and the amount of fat stored in adipose tissue. The consumption of carrot juice also brought down insulin levels without affecting blood sugar levels in rats fed the high fructose diet.
Another study in people with diabetes who drank 50 ml of fresh raw carrot juice for six weeks resulted in a significant decrease in body weight. It’s interesting to note in this human study that while the consumption of carrot juice reduced body weight, fasting blood sugar levels were significantly higher even though hemoglobin A1c levels and insulin levels remained the same.
Turmeric is another star ingredient in this carrot turmeric ginger juice for weight loss as it contains curcumin. One study reported that a bioavailable form of curcumin improved weight management in overweight people and reduced BMI. The intake of 70 mg daily of curcumin for eight weeks also significantly reduced liver fat in people with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
A meta-analysis of 18 studies concluded that curcumin as a powder or extract which comes from turmeric root was associated with a reduction in BMI, waist circumference, and leptin levels in people with metabolic syndrome. Curcumin has many health benefits due to its anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation that is the root cause of so many health issues.
Additional health benefits of carrot juice
While this carrot juice is excellent for weight loss, it also has many other health-promoting properties with far reaching benefits. Another study showed that drinking carrot juice significantly increased blood antioxidant capacity.
Obesity is thought to increase systemic inflammation and insulin resistance and is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease. Thus reducing weight and inflammation by drinking great-tasting juices with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties may also reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease!
Chris Wark, the author of Chris Beat Cancer, drank carrot juice as part of his protocol to beat cancer. This book is a must read as his story demonstrates the powerful healing capacity of the body when fueled with a nutrient-dense diet containing fresh produce and juices brimming with a complex array of nutrients that can only come from nature.
It can be hard to get the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables into your diet, which is why this carrot ginger turmeric juice is an excellent addition to your diet. It is brimming with phytonutrients, including beta-carotene, that is essential for healthy skin and eyes.
According to Cronometer, one cup of carrot juice contains 94 calories, 2 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of fats.
It is low in calories and fats yet high in many vitamins and minerals, including the B vitamins (except B12), choline, vitamin E, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. It contains ample amounts of beta-carotene and is exceptionally high in vitamins A, K, and C.
While carrot juice contains natural sugars, it also comes with so many crucial vitamins and minerals that are highly absorbable by the body. Fresh raw carrot juice should never be put in the same box as commercial juice that is high in sugar yet lacks the vital nutrients required by the body for the proper function of cells.
The liver’s detoxification pathways run on nutrients, and the antioxidants found in this fresh carrot turmeric ginger juice help protect the liver from free radical damage, so I am including fresh carrot juice in my liver detox protocol. While I like to mix up the type of vegetable juices I make, this is one of my favorite vegetable juices!
Also be sure to try these 3 vegetable juices for liver detox as well!
Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice for Weight Loss and Liver Detox
- 1 Juicer
- 1 cutting board
- 4 large carrots
- 1 inch nob ginger
- 1 inch nob turmeric
- Wash the carrots, ginger and turmeric and peel if desired. Cut the Ends of the carrots and 1 inch chunks of turmeric root and ginger root.
- Set up your juicer then juice the carrots, ginger and turmeric.
- Pour the juice into a glass and enjoy fresh!