This vegetarian Thai cashew curry recipe is full of flavor and super easy to make. The cashew Thai curry sauce is made with coconut cream, cashews, Thai red curry paste, tamari, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, and siracha that are all blended.
Serve this delicious and fresh cashew coconut curry sauce with fresh sauteed vegetables and rice. The Thai red curry sauce is such a flavorful and simple sauce that I use to spice up my traditional Thai dishes.
The lime adds the perfect amount of zing, while tamari and sriracha is the ideal blend between salty and spicy in this vegetarian Thai cashew curry recipe. A touch of sesame oil ties all the flavors together.
This Thai red curry sauce recipe tastes amazing over an assortment of vegetables with rice. For a vegetarian Thai red curry, saute a clove of garlic with onion, red pepper, carrot, and bok choy.
But don’t be afraid to swap or add different vegetables. Broccoli, green beans, and cauliflower would all taste divine as well. Broccoli and Cauliflower are also excellent sources of plant-based protein.
When it comes to this vegetarian Thai red curry recipe, it is all about the sauce!
Thai Cashew Curry
How to make Vegetarian Cashew Thai Curry
To make the Thai red curry sauce with cashews, add all ingredients in a large jar and blend using an immersion blender. You can also use a regular blender. Set red Thai curry sauce aside while you lightly saute the following vegetables in a pan with coconut oil.
1 clove garlic
1 medium carrot
1 red pepper
3 heads bok choy
sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Finely dice the garlic, slice the onion into strips and simmer on low heat in a pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil for a couple of minutes before adding sliced carrots, red pepper, and bok choy. Let everything saute together until softened before adding the cashew coconut Thai red curry sauce. Stir occasionally until thoroughly warmed.
Serve this vegetarian Thai red curry with brown rice and enjoy!
Nutrition Tip: This vegetarian Thai red curry is vegan friendly but you can add a fried chicken breast and add that in if you need more protein in your meal.
For more Thai inspired recipes you may also like this Thai almond salad! Mmm so good!
This chickpea lentil curry is another delicious vegetarian curry dish bursting with flavor!
Thai Cashew Curry – Vegetarian, Dairy Free & GF
- blender or immersion blender
- frying pan
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 3 heads bok choy
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the Thai red curry sauce place the coconut cream, cashews, red curry paste, tamari, lime, sesame oil and sriracha in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside for later.
- Finely dice garlic and cut the onion into thin strips. Melt coconut oil in a large pan and saute garlic and onion for one minute.
- Chop carrots and red pepper into lengthwise strips. Add to the pan to suate for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add sliced bok choy and suate until wilted.
- Add the red curry sauce to the sauted vegetables and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste