This gluten-free oat and flax bread is bread is anti-inflammatory, high fiber, gluten-free and high protein. The oatmeal flax bread yields a nutritious, wholesome bread that is great for gut health and contains the essential omega-three fats. The anti inflammatory bread recipe is great for reducing inflammation due to the omega 3 fats.
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Flax seeds are an excellent source of plant-based omega-three fats, which are great for weight loss and inflammation.
Refined white flour bread is constipating for many people, but this oatmeal flax bread is an excellent source of fiber to promote healthy bowel movements.
I am all about gut health and healthy eating, which is why I decided to make healthy oatmeal bread from scratch with whole food ingredients. This is a very easy gluten-free oatmeal bread recipe that anyone can make, even if you have never made bread before.
If you are on a budget or don’t what to spend $10 or more on a loaf of gluten-free bread, then this recipe is for you. Just be sure to purchase gluten-free oats if you need to be 100% gluten-free.
I wanted to cut down the spending on our grocery budget so I got inspired to make this homemade oatmeal bread recipe.
Prior to making this oat bread, I was buying delicious gluten-free fermented bread from our local baker, but it was also a pretty penny at 13 dollars a loaf. I know you may be thinking, who spends 13 dollars on a loaf of bread?! I do.
But that is because regular bread made from wheat flour is one of my food intolerances. Plus, storebought bread is a highly processed refined carbohydrate that I advise people to reduce or eliminate from their diets.
The gluten-free bread options in grocery stores are not that much better. Highly processed flours that are deficient in nutrients are often used.
Benefits of making this oatmeal flax bread recipe
I wanted to make a budget-friendly oat and flax bread made from whole foods. The main ingredients are oats, ground flax seeds, and eggs. A nutrition powerhouse!
Oats are a healthy whole food carbohydrate that is inexpensive. I make oat flour in minutes using the optimum 9200 blender. Best blender ever, by the way!
You can also purchase pre-ground oat flour to use in the recipe as well.
Flax seeds are high in fiber for gut health. They are also a fantastic source of the plant-based essential omega-three fats.
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and are high in choline, which is essential for the PEMT gene. Choline helps to prevent fatty liver and a sluggish gallbladder.
This oatmeal flax bread recipe contains healthy carbohydrates, fats, and protein all in one!
Oatmeal Flax Bread Recipe
- Loaf baking pan
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine oat flour, ground flax seeds, sea salt and soda bicarbonate. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix together
- Add one cup of warm water to the dry mixture and stir with a spoon. Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and continue to mix until thoroughly combined. The bread dough will be quite wet still and runny, but it will thicken and rise as it bakes in the oven.
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan and one side with baking paper. Grease the sides of the loaf pan with olive oil to prevent dough from sticking.
- Pour the wet oatmeal flax bread dough into the loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake the oatmeal flax bread for 1 hour at 170° Celcius.
- Once the bread is finished baking, flip the loaf pan upside down and shake to get the bread out. You may need to separate the sides using a butter knife. Let the oatmeal bread cool on a baking rack.
For more delicious and healthy recipes grab my free Recipe E-book with 33 whole food recipe.
Just made it, still hot so can’t try it yet. Easy to make and seems as though it’ll be filling. I’ve been desperate for a loaf with more substance, fibre and health benefits, I’m hoping this is it without having to spends a fortune!
Yay! hope you enjoyed it 🙂